Driving on a Segway PT offers unique driving pleasure in combination with individual mobility. The Driver Card allows you to rent a Segway PT without the respective driving training and safety briefing.
As of now, it is possible to get the Segway driver’s license at mobileo – ideally in combination with a Segway tour.
The Driver Card offers many advantages:
- With the Segway Driver Card, you are able to prove the level of your driving experience
- As an owner of a Diver Card, you do not have to take part in driving and safety trainings anymore
- The Driver Card is required in order to rent a Segway PT
- Many partners of Segway offer you discounts on the rent of a Segway PT and on Segway tours
There are 3 different levels:
- Basic: You get to know the basic requirements and the functionality of the Segway PT in our theoretical and practical introduction and afterwards take part in a practice tour or in one of our Citytours.
- Advanced: Owner of the Driver Card Basic and participation in at least one other tour with a duration of ca. 90 minutes.
- Professional: Owner of the Driver Card Advanced and a driving and tour experience of at least 30 hours within 24 months.
The process for getting the Driver Card is as follows:
- Theoretical introduction in handling the Segway PT
- First driving tasks on the Segway PT
- Practice tour or Citytour
- Driving test according to given driving manoeuvres
- Theoretical test after the tour in form of a multiple-choice questionnaire
Total duration: 30min. plus tour
After successful completion of the tests, Segway Switzerland will issue the Driver Card and send you the card by mail (the required picture will be taken on location).
The price of the Driver Card:
- Segway Driver Card Basic level in combination with a guided tour: 29 SFR
- Segway Driver Card Basic level as a separate examination unit: 59 SFR
You can easily book your Driver Card online here as a separate examination unit or as an add-on to a tour.
Please note: the Segway Driver Card does not replace the legally required driver’s license